Warning Signs That a Child May Be Viewing Pornography
Experts in the field of childhood sexual abuse report that any premature sexual activity in children always suggests two possible stimulants: experience and exposure.
"Be alert. Be aware. It could happen in your own home, when you least expect it."
— Rene, Mother of an Internet pornography victim
Your child may be viewing pornography if you discover the following:
- An unusual curiosity about sexuality for his or her age
- Signs of premature sexual activity
- Unusual or unexplained credit card charges
- Increased pop-ups or inappropriate e-mails on your computer
- Computer screen changes quickly when you walk into a room
- Noticeable changes in behavior, including increased secretiveness or defensiveness